3 WAYS TO PREVENT GETTING SICK THIS WINTER
At work, you may be exposed to a number of germs, especially when flu season rolls around. Sick coworkers likely touch a variety of surfaces on their way in and out of the office, including shared spaces like the kitchen, bathrooms and conference rooms. Their germs can linger on tables, office equipment, door handles and other surfaces for significant periods of time, putting you and other staff members at risk of getting sick.
Luckily, there are some things you can do to help prevent getting sick with the flu or spreading germs, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Find out three cold and flu prevention tips from the professionals at ServiceMaster Clean.
Wash Your Hands
Washing Your Hands Regularly Is One Of The Best Ways To Prevent Getting Sick Year-Round. In The Winter Months When Viruses Can Remain Active Longer Due To Colder Temperatures, Proper Hand Washing Becomes More Important. Use These Tips To Wash Your Hands Correctly:
- Wash your hands regularly throughout the day with warm water and soap. Dry your hands thoroughly with disposable towels.
- Always wash your hands after using the bathroom. These spaces are havens for germs.
- Wash your hands after coming into contact with any bodily fluid. This includes your own.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available. Keep an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with you at your desk or in your personal bag or purse.
Coughing is something we all do, and you don’t have to be noticeably sick to cough here and there throughout the day. Using proper techniques when you cough can help alleviate the spread of germs. Teach your staff members these tips to help remind them to cover their cough at work:
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when you’re coughing, if possible.
- Dispose of tissues immediately in a nearby wastebasket.
- Cover your mouth with your hands or cough into the crook of your arm when you don’t have access to a tissue.
- Wash your hands with soap and water immediately after coughing.
Keep Your Surroundings Clean
A clean workspace can help keep germs to a minimum and potentially even increase worker productivity, especially if frequently touched items and surfaces like keyboards, doorknobs and phones are disinfected regularly. Help reduce the number of germs in your office throughout the day by enforcing these cleaning steps:
- Clean and disinfect daily. Wipe down high-touch surfaces with disinfectant wipes or low-level disinfectant products to help kill germs in shared spaces as well as your own work area.
- Stock up on supplies. Make sure your office has an adequate amount of tissues, paper towels, soap, hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes to keep the office clean every day.
- Allow sick employees to go home. If an employee starts feeling sick at work, let them go home before they have an opportunity to infect the staff around them.
Keep in mind that if your employees show cold or flu symptoms throughout the year, including fever, muscle aches, fatigue and bouts of coughing, ask them if they begin feeling better when they spend time away from the office. If so, your employees may actually be suffering from sick building syndrome.
Along with having your staff take an active role with cleaning throughout the day, a janitorial crew can help reduce the number of germs and infections lurking in your office. If you need help keeping cold and flu symptoms to a minimum while you’re at work, call on the experts at ServiceMaster Clean. Our commercial janitorial services can help keep your office clean and healthy. We’ll even work with you to create a detailed, comprehensive cleaning regimen that meets your facility’s unique needs and schedule. Contact us today to find out how we can help your business.
Services we provide:
- Janitorial Services
- Comprehensive Cleaning
- Project Based Cleaning
- COVID-19 Cleaning
- Disinfection Services
- Hard Surface Floors
- Hardwood Floors
- Carpet Cleaning
- Post Construction Cleanup
- Window Cleaning Service
- Tile and Grout
- Air Ducts
- Area Rugs
Industries We Serve
- Healthcare Environmental Services
- Office Building Cleaning
- Banks & Financial Institution Cleaning
- Hospitality Cleaning
- Education Cleaning
- Religious Building Cleaning
- Government Building Cleaning
- Event Center Cleaning
- Recreation & Shopping Cleaning
Service Master Janitorial Service
Address: 638 Webster St, Unit 430, Oakland, CA
510-521-3717 | firstname.lastname@example.org